|Apply occupational health, safety and environmental principles|
ABOUT THIS COURSE
TRAINYOUCAN (ETDP SETA) Accredited Training Network and its members is committed to follow all the ETQA requirements as stipulated by SAQA.
Learners acquiring this standard will be learning towards obtaining a national qualification or are working within a health and safety environment, where acquisition of competence against this standard will add value to learner`s job, or chances of finding employment.
- The qualifying learner is capable of:
Explaining and using relevant legislation and regulations
Gathering and organising occupational health, safety and environmental information from the workplace
Carrying out occupational health and safety training
- Recognition: Based on the National Qualifications Framework that is Nationally Accepted in South Africa, Department of Labour and Microsoft Certified courses.
- Success rate of learner: Currently we have a very high success rate due to the “one-price-policy” that include additional support at no additional cost.
Note: Any person who wants to offer their services as an accredited individual, company or a training provider can only do so with a valid SOR (Statement of Results) from the ETDP SETA. No other document/certificate can be used, even if it reflects the same unit standard.
- Learners accessing this unit standard / qualification will have demonstrated competence against adequate reading and writing skills as well as knowledge of the workplace in terms of the jobs performed by people on a team, procedures required of them and experience of dealing with problems and processes in the workplace.
- Able to attend the contact session and any of our workshops offered.
- Access to email and where possible to the internet for research.
BOOKINGS: Book online through our booking site www.coursesdirect.co.za here.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND THIS COURSE
As an employer, your health and safety obligations go just beyond putting health and safety measures on paper to help reduce injuries in the workplace.
In terms of the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA), you must give your employee practical training before he can work, use equipment and machinery and know how to use the safety equipment to protect himself from harm.
For this, you’ll need to develop a training needs analysis to make sure all the people you’re going to appoint get the training they’ll need to do their job properly.
- General Workers
- Junior Management
- Safety Officers
- Constructions Workers
- Section Managers
- Departmental Managers
- Line managers
- Supervisors; and
- Responsible persons (this is anyone management assigns responsibility for people, an activity or a work area to) should attend this training.
BONUS DISCUSSIONS AND HANDOUTS DURING THIS COURSE
As a valued customer the following is included as standard practices in TRAINYOUCAN induction of accredited course, namely:
- Detailed induction of the SETA, SAQA, NQF and Credits.
- Detailed explanation on the types of accreditation found, namely individual, training provider and programme accreditation.
- Difference between unit standards and qualifications with detailed explanation.
- FREE templates and resources on this topic, ready to be downloaded to use from our members forum.
- FREE resources on compiling your personal CV and registration with the SETA for Assessors and Moderators.
- Learners will create during the contact session their own Training Checklist, Training Venue Checklist and Training Evaluation, ready to be used in the workplace.
- Two complete learning programmes, namely “Fire Fighting” will be provided to each learner in the class to assist them with their presentations. We provide you will all the documents and templates required.
- The following types of JOB opportunities exist in the Educational Industry;
- Qualified Trainers and Assessors who offer their services as FREELANCERS. (People who are contracted-in by companies to perform training functions).
- Permanent employment opportunities for individuals with Training Providers as qualified Trainers, Assessors and Training Administrators.
- Appointed Training Managers in Corporate Companies.
- Lecturers at both public and private colleges.
- Microsoft Certified and Department of Labour Special Projects (Qualified Trainer Certificate as entry level requirement)
- Developers of course material for both short and NQF aligned courses.
- International JOB opportunities in the Education Field, based on the Outcomes Based Education or Common Core principles.
- SETA Project Managers, both internally and externally.
- HR related vacancies – becoming industry requirement with recruitment agencies.
- Industry specialist who want a change in career.
- Individuals who retire and want to generate additional income in their spare time.
- Self motivated individuals who offer part time courses on weekends or in their spare time.